Different Types of Lenses for UV Protection
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about UV Protection and other Sunglasses topics.
How do different types of lenses protect me from UV rays?
It is important to know about the different types of sunglasses lenses so that you can choose the ones that will best protect you against UV rays. Here's a guide to help you:
- Blue-blockers- These lenses block blue light, which researchers are still determining whether or not it's harmful. These sunglasses generally have amber lenses and are often popular among skiers and boaters.
- Mirror-coated Lenses- Lenses that limit the amount of light entering your eyes.
- Gradient Lenses-Lenses are tinted from the top down, so top lens is the darkest. Good for driving. On the other hand, double gradient lenses are also tinted from the bottom up with a clear middle, and are not good for driving.
- Photochromic Lenses-Lenses that adjust their level of darkness based on the amount of UV light they're exposed to.
- Polarized Lenses- These lenses prevent reflected glare and are popular for water and snow sports.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.