Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sunglasses By Face Shape and other Sunglasses topics.
When you look at sunglass frames, you will notice some numbers printed on the inside of the frames. These numbers can tell you a lot about fit.
* The first number you see is the manufacturers' model number.
* Then you will see the number that indicates the color.
* The next number is the "eye size" which will tell you the width of the actual lens.
* Next is the bridge size, which will tell you the width of the bridge that sits across your nose. Sometimes this number is located on the bridge piece itself.
* Finally you'll see the temple length, which will tell you the length of the arm from front to back edge.
These numbers can help you find the proper fit for your sunglasses, so make a note of the numbers on a pair of sunglasses that fit you very well, and then shop with those numbers in mind.